I am a Roma artist who migrated from Hungary to London in 2010 and contributed to the capital’s art scene from the outset. I started painting in the early 90s, while studying and working at the Open Studio Art Foundation of Városliget in Budapest. In the following years I participated in various art project and workshops in Hungary. In 2004 I travelled to Greece and worked briefly in Athens and Crete before returning to Central Europe for my first solo exhibition at the Goethe Institute in Budapest. My works has been exhibited at London’s Park Theatre and at New York University on the Opre Khetanes Romani Art and Music Symposium, as well as at UCL Festival of Culture in London.
Now I am working as an artist in residence at Park Theatre in London and exploring collage and mixed media techniques at Mary Ward Centre.
- Aug 2017. AQUARELLAND solo exhibition at Bon Matin Cafe, London, Finsbury Park.
- June 2017: Sense of belonging: Mozaics from a new Portrait of London at Waterstones Gallery, Gower street.
- May, 2017: ROOTS a multi artist exhibition at Park Theatre,London.
- May 2016: Exhibition Vagabond of Bloomsbury part of UCL’s Festival of Culture
- April 2016. New York City at NYU Romani/Gypsy Art and Letters Conference. Presenting on my Roma identity and my works on the same theme was exhibited during the event.
- Oct, 2015. Solo Exhibition at Sable d’Or Patisserie, London, Muswell Hill.
- June 2015: Park Theatre, london. “A Spotlight on Hungarian Artists featuring Robert Czibi and the Expecto „This shines a spotlight on Hungarians.”
- May 2015: UCL Festival of the Arts, I was curator/participator of the exhibition “East European-ize: London through East European Eyes”
- April 2015 : London Coffee Festival Brick Lane, London- collective exhibition
- August 2014 : ” 130 Views” open Exhibition by Oh! Gallery. It’s the celebration of Oxford House 130th anniversary.
- Jan 2014 : Escape to happiness present by Guerilla Galleries.